Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Skinfood Quinoa Rich Body Milk review

If you know me, you know I hate lotion. Up till now, I still can't sleep if I feel like there's a layer of "stuff" on my skin. But what's a girl to do, when she has naturally dry skin and during winter, feels like she can't move without feeling like her skin's gonna rip? 

Hence, my hunt for a good body lotion which led me to... 

...Skinfood Quinoa Rich Body Milk



True to Skinfood's style, their product is made and named after a type of food. This time, it's quinoa. 

What in the world is quinoa? 
It is a grain-like crop grown primarily for its edible seeds (wikipedia)

Quinoa: The plant (wikipedia)
 
Quinoa as food


Let's take a closer look at the product: 

On the label
What the lotion looks like. Pretty ordinary stuff.
 I got this cos I was influenced by The Wanderlust Project who said...
"I LOVE this lotion. It’s very lightweight, but really moisturizing, so it’s perfect for summer. I absolutely love the smell (It’s sort of a spicy, earthy scent). It's totally awesome."
I was most attracted by the word "lightweight". I hate thick stuff which makes my skin feel like it's unable to breathe. Things like body butters, though good and nice smelling, would not work for me.

This lotion is light considering how very moisturizing it is, and a little product goes a long way. The amount squeezed out in the picture above spread over my whole arm, and it does create a sort of moisturizing layer over your skin, which is very good for your skin. 

Unfortunately, this is too thick for me because of my sensitivity to having "stuff" on my skin. I can only use it in the day time cos at night, this "layer" works against me by keeping me up all night unless I wash it off. However, I find this lotion perfect for my skin during winter/dryer times.

If you live in Korea, this is worth the buy at only 7200 KRW in comparison to American drugstore brands like Aveeno that costs a bomb here. 

What others say about this lotion: 
Mad About My Skin: No breakouts, allergic reactions. Grade: 3/5 because it does its job of moisturizing but not any more effective than my local (Canadian) drugstore body lotion.

Is Skinfood's Quina Rich Body Milk my new Holy Grail lotion?

Well, my current holy grail lotion is Johnson's baby lotion. It isn't really all that moisturizing, but does enough of a job and dries off in a nice soft powdery finish. It qualifies as my holy grail body lotion cos it's the only lotion I've found bearable to wear at all times so far. So, my answer is...

No, just cos I can't sleep with it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!