Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Hera Sun Mate Daily Review


Introducing... my current Holy Grail sunscreen! (Sun cream, sunscreen, sunblock... They're all the same.)

....Hera Sun Mate Daily SPF35 PA+++


I got this as a gift from a Korean aunt who I would often meet, and every time she looked at my face, she'd go, "No suncream?". Vain me thought she, like many others before, was going to say "How do you have such nice skin when you don't even put on any cream?". Instead, to my dismay, she said, "You face is looking bad, and you've got spots all over your face. Here, take this. Use it now.... and everyday".

I was not too happy cos I hated all sunscreens mainly because of the white cast it gives, and secondly, the stickiness and smell. So far, I've tried about 8-10 different sunscreens. I can't remember the brands, but they were all not more than $10 and western.

Anyway, since my aunt was in her 50s and had awesome skin, I guessed her advice must be good. So, in the summer heat and humidity, I grudgingly applied it on. I'm not gonna say I was won over immediately. My prejudice against all sun cream was too strong. 

I used it daily for a month (especially when I knew I was going to meet that aunt), and found that it definitely is the best sunscreen I've come across so far because it...
1. ...leaves NO white cast O.O
2. ...smells pretty nice =)
3. ...is moisturizing. 

I say "Moisturizing" because on days where I'm late for work and can't afford to do the whole, toner > essence > face cream > BB cream routine, I just slap on my Hera sunscreen and I'm good to go. It gives my face enough moisture for the day, even in winter/dry weather.

I know "Moisturizing" can also be a nice word for sticky or oily. I'm not going to lie... this product does create the feeling of having a film over your skin, and some people may not be able to stand this. I'm OK with it cos in terms of "stickiness", this is just about as sticky as your average face lotion, and is the least sticky out of all other I've tried before.

The whole time I was using it, I thought it was just a random sunscreen brand. I had never heard of Hera. Imagine my shock when I came by it in a fancy departmental store and saw the price... 32,000 KRW! As it turns out, Hera is a fancy Korean brand, and this product has won 9 beauty awards. Way to go, aunt!


Why is it my Holy Grail sunscreen? 

It is the only sunscreen I've come across that doesn't leave a white cast on my face and is not unbearably sticky! A definite plus point for someone who hates the feeling "stuff" on their face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!