Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Missha Stay All Day Stick Eyes review

Missha had its Winter Sale during the first half of December this year. Pretty much everything was 50% off! Who can resist such a sale?! I felt like buying everything there! The great thing about sales is that I can afford to just buy things to try it out. It's easier on me financially, and it feels so much better knowing that I got them at a deal!

So one of the things that caught my eye was...

...the Missha Stay All Day Stick Eyes!
 
Regularly priced at 8,800 KRW, it felt like a steal to get it at 4,400 KRW! It's got so many beautiful colours! I was torn between number 1-4, and I contemplated number 6 too. I usually avoid purples like a plague because some purples just end up making you look like you've got a black eye. But this purple was really quite a lovely shade.

I stopped my impulse of buying everything on the spot, and went through my regular shopping process, which is to... look... test... and think about it for a week... and if I'm still thinking about it a week later... I'll get it!

A week later, I was definitely still thinking about it! Such a conveniently packaged eyeshadow, and with beautiful colours too! I decided to be prudent and just get one first. It was such a difficult decision, but I finally decided on number 2, Beige and Chocolate.

To my dismay, when I went to the shops, they were all out of stock! O.O I went into EVERY single Missha in Myeongdong and it was all sold out! It goes to show just how popular this product is! I just got the refills (Oh yeah! They're refillable.)


How to refill
Finally, I managed to hunt one down one obscure Missha shop in the subway station near my home, hidden in that underground maze. I got the last one (no.2 Beige)! Woohoo! 


I took pictures right away and starting testing the product. I loved the packaging. It looks classy and felt good to hold. I was a little disappointed that the eyeshadow itself wasn't very long. In the picture above, the eyeshadow was turned out to its maximum length. But I guess if you flattened it out in a palette, it would end up coming to the same amount as the average eyeshadow palette.

Stupidly, immediately after taking this picture, I went on to the swatches and...


*Cry!* My brand new eyeshadow! It really was so stupid of me. If you get this, please do NOT turn the eyeshadow to its maximum point before using it. Luckily, after I put it back in and it still works fine. I'll deal with the consequences later. I'll probably use a brush on it then.

Turn it out just a little to use it.

The swatches, as expected, turned out beautiful! I love browns cos they are very easy colours to wear. These are pretty metallic browns, and it shimmers nicely in the swatch. I was very surprised when I tried rubbing it with my finger. Initially, I rubbed very lightly. No change. Then I tried a little harder, and still no change. Then I tried to rub it again, this time, with the determination to make it smudge, and yet, it did not smudge. Just a little of the colour transferred to my finger. 

Next, I went to wash it off with water. Nothing happened. So, I added soap and still, it stayed on! Very impressive indeed! This is definitely a "stay all day" eyeshadow! How convenient, cos I find that my eyeshadow usually fades off towards the end of the day, or worse, smeared! I sometimes forget I've got make up on and rub my eyes =S


Below is a picture of me having used the eyeshadow. To be honest, it was quite difficult to use at first. If you're used to using brushes and applying your eyeshadow to create a gradient blend, you will find this product hard to adjust to. I later realized that I was trying to use this product in a way that it's not meant to be used! So I changed my style and created the look below.


On my eyes, the eyeshadow turned out to be a lot more shimmery than I thought. It's a nice change from my regular mattes and is not overly shimmery.

Later, I used my Nature Republic Chamomile Cleansing Oil and Skinfood Milk Shake Point Make-up Remover to remove it and they both worked well. Knowing its staying power, I left the soaked cotton pads on my eyes for a few seconds to let it soak in before rubbing it off.


Is the Missha Stay All Day Stick Eyes a holy grail product?

I love the colour and I'm very impressed by it's staying power but I think it's too early for me to say now since I'm still trying to get used to the new application style, and I haven't tried any other eyeshadow sticks/crayons yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!