Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tony Moly Intense Care Snail Cream Review

So today, I'm going to review a product that I'm quite afraid to review. Why? Because this product is something I actually quite like, but pretty much all the reviews I see online says it's bad! O.O

I usually test a beauty product reviewer based on their comments on a product I hate/love. If they disagree with me, I tend to think they're bad reviewers or "not my type". So, this risk I take by being honest and going against the grain is probably me taking a hammer and bashing my own reputation.

Oh! But what the hell... I'm gonna be honest. Presenting....

...the Tony Moly Intense Care Snail Cream


 

How did I end up with this product?
I usually always research a product extensively before buying it. After all, you don't want to waste your hard earned money on a bad product. However, this snail cream was a bit of an impulse buy. I had been very interested in getting some sort of snail cream product after having read good things about its properties. On two separate occasions when I was browsing in Tony Moly, I witnessed a lady buying 4 sets, and the other, 2 sets of the snail cream. There was a 1+1 event (it's perpetually 1+1), so those ladies ended up with 8 and 4 tubs of snail cream respectively. I figured it must be a really good product. The price wasn't too bad at 36,000 KRW for two, so I got myself a set too.

First reaction:
My first reaction was BAD. I didn't like it. If you know me, I hate the feeling of having "stuff" on my face. This snail cream was oily and after putting it on, it kinda just sits on your skin. It didn't help that I also imagined a snail sliding all over my face *shivers*. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I used it interchangeably with my other face creams and adjusted by putting a tiny amount and spreading it thin all over my face so that it doesn't end up feeling too oily. There was no magic. It was just another moisturizer.

Turning point:
I have a close to perfect complexion and pretty much never have pimples. But for month, I mysteriously had horribly big and painful pimples on my forehead one after another. I used my good ol' dependable Oxy5 and tried the highly raved about Missha Anti Trouble Patch religiously, day and night, all around the clock. But there was no effect whatsoever =.=' Then cold weather came, and my naturally dry skin suffered. 

In desperation to soothe and moisturize my cracking skin, I grabbed my oiliest face cream (uh huh... the Tony Moly snail cream) and put on a very thick and generous layer on my face. Now, this is where I come in and say... Magic! My face was baby soft and not dry in the morning, and the best, and my favourite part is... the pimples went down! Disappeared! The painful hard bulging red lump of a pimple was flat! ...and unfortunately, brown, but let's forget that for a moment and rejoice that it went down! I don't know where it all disappeared to. There was no squeezing out of any gross stuff. It just went flat.

Since then, I was convinced that the key to using this snail cream was to use it generously. That's how I use it everyday now. It still does feel like I've got a whole load of gunk on my face, but hey! It works superbly in keeping my pimples away (I'm not using any pimple creams) and is keeping my face moisturized in the winter.


So... above is what I have to say about it. It is my personal experience. However, I feel it is also my duty to let you, my readers, be aware of what other people have to say about it. 

What others have to say about the Tony Moly Intense Care Snail Cream:

musingsofamuse (read the comments in this review for more opinions on this product): A little bit of a pain to absorb... feels like it is sitting on top of your skin... felt like it made my skin very oily and shiny in the morning... feel very hydrating but doesn't feel like its done anything particularly beneficial... not a huge lover of this product.

mywomenstuff (best review!): a friend broke out within two days... could not use it in the day... felt heavy on my skin... my skin felt markedly smoother around the cheeks... my skin also looked soft and fine... I did break out a little on my chin... when I cut back the use, no more breakouts... isn't a miracle cream as people claim it to be... it did nothing to brighten the skin or lighten spots.

beautyorbread: I'm left rather disappointed... they just didn't do anything to my skin...

cheesauce: felt a bit thin... absorbed quickly but left a sticky residue... smells pleasant... found this snail cream to be only ok... didn't break me out or feel too greasy but didn't stop my face from drying up during the winter... didn't leave my skin feelig more soft or supple... didn't help any scars heal faster... didn't see any snail benefits.

galelovescolors: easy to spread and absorb... pleasant scent... not very heavy... made mom's skin smooth and youthful looking... it kinda broke me out... effective for mom... sis tried and had bumps all over her face even though she's not pimple prone... won't repurchase again.


I had only googled up reviews on this product as I was preparing to write this blog entry. I could not believe my eyes that there wasn't single good review about it. I'm quite disappointed that others do not share my feelings.

I would love to recommend this product, but I am afraid to do so because of all the bad reviews. Since I'm the only person that has anything good to say about it, the chances of you being dissatisfied with this product is high. It would be a safer option to go for something more widely liked. Mizon All in One Snail Repair Cream and It's Skin Prestige Creme D'Escargot seem to be popular choices. Do read up on them.

2 comments:

Share this!