Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My makeup brushes: Ecotools Starter Set and Essential Eye Set

For a very long time, I only used one brush: The blush brush. I had a crappy eyeshadow brush and I felt that it caused more bad than good. As my skills got better, I decided to get a proper makeup brush set.

I literally researched it for months! I got a headache from it because of all the different kinds of reviews I came across. For all kinds of brands, high-end to low-end, there were such mixed reviews that it was hard to decide if the products was good. I had to choose which brushes I'll get, and the brand too! In the end, I decided on getting an affordable brush set that had more good reviews than bad...

...The Ecotools Starter Set ($12.99) and Essential Eye Set ($7.99).



It is such a beautiful set with wonderfully soft bristles/hairs. I have 10 brushes in hand now, and yet, only 3 brushes are put to work daily because I'm usually in a mad rush for work in the mornings. The blush and eyeshadow brush are my essentials, and so is my highlight brush. It just applies highlight on so perfectly =)

I use the rest of my brushes when I have more time, like, when I'm preparing for a date <3 I love the Essential Eye Set. I use everything in it, and it even has a little mirror on the casing.

I got the starter set mainly because of the blush/powder brush and secondly, for the liner brush because I wanted to try out gel liners. The blush brush is a dream to use! It is sooooooo soft! I just love brushing it over my face for no reason (then end up with a red face =.='). The liner brush is 100x better than the free brush the gel liner gave. I also like using the lash groomer to split my lashes that are stuck together with mascara.

Unfortunately, I can't tell the difference between the concealer and eyeshadow brush. They seem very much the same except for their colouring. I don't use concealer, and I tried using both brushes for eyeshadow but I'm not a fan of them because they don't pick up much product and the brush is too wide for my eyes. I rather use the brushes in my Essential Eye set.

The design of the pouches are amazing! I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but I'm thrilled that my Essential Eye set fits perfectly into the little zip pouch of the Starter Set! (See picture above). It's so convenient to pack for travelling! =)

There are lots and lots of great reviews of Ecotools makeup brushes. It's eco friendly, nature themed, of great quality, and very affordable too! There are some bad reviews on it, mainly of people saying that the bristles fall off pretty easily, but I personally, even after much use, I haven't experience ANY bristles falling. Lucky me! =)

I would definitely recommend the Ecotools Essential Eye set, and their blusher brush!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog. Really informative. Every woman wants to beautify their personality by using high-quality cosmetics and they are ready to pay any price for it. All ladies you can play up features with FREY'A’s antimicrobial makeup brushes.

    ReplyDelete

Share this!