Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Herbalife 1 week trial

What are Herbalife shakes?

Herbalife presents its shakes as a nutritional replacement for a meal or two per day. Sure, there's lots of health benefits in ingesting the vast source of vitamins, minerals, and other nutritional additives in their shakes, however, most people such as myself, believe that it is still very much... 

...a diet plan.

My husband and I were introduced to Herbalife by our aunt who now is a Herbalife distributor because of her conviction in the benefits and efficacy of its products. She had lost a LOT of weight through the shakes and feels healthier. We bought them to support her business and still do so for that reason.

Our first bottle was the Cookies and Cream flavoured shake, but over time, I found that the milky creamy taste added with the protein powder taste was too much for me. Also, the cookie bits tend to stick to the bottom hence making cleaning a chore. We then tried the Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry flavours and we've since switched to Strawberry and are very happy with the taste.


Herbalife shakes come in a large variety of flavours beyond just the boring ol' vanilla, strawberry and chocolate that we got to try. Among them are some pretty interesting ones such as Pina Colada, Cafe Latte, Mint Chocolate, Pumpkin Spice, Dulce de Leche, Wild Berry, Cappuccino, and a bunch of other flavours that I don't recognize because the flavours available depends on its region and distributors.

We aren't all too hyped up over the shake because it didn't work any sort of magic on us, but I don't blame it on the product since we haven't been very good dieters. It recommends consumers to replace two meals daily with the shake and eat one nutritious meal. When we first got it, I didn't know it was a diet thing (It was all in Korean) and I thought it was just like multi-vitamins. While drinking the shake, I snacked way too much around meal times, and my husband ate unhealthily in large quantities for the "one nutritious meal".


My husband and I gained lots of weight since coming to Korea and had loads of fun eating, meeting friends and being merry all through Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year. We successfully lost lots of weight before our wedding, and have just gained it all back.

For the sake of not outgrowing our clothes and for your entertainment, my husband and I will be testing out the Herbalife diet for a week just to see how effective the weight loss program is. 

We are ambitiously planning to have nothing but Herbalife shakes for 7 days.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this!